Investing in Canada Infrastructure Program
South East District would like to make communities aware that Canada and Saskatchewan signed the bilateral agreement for the Investing in Canada Infrastructure Program (ICIP) in October 2018. The program will provide more than $896 million in federal funding for all types of Saskatchewan infrastructure projects over the next 10 years until 2028.
Saskatchewan residents will benefit from these investments through:
- cleaner air and water;
- reduced greenhouse gas emissions;
- sustainable water management;
- enhanced public parks, recreational facilities and other spaces that make communities great places to live;
- faster commutes and travel times and easier movement of goods for businesses; and
- better transportation and digital infrastructure for people living in remote communities.
Community, Culture and Recreation Infrastructure Stream – $56.2 million
Funds will help:
- build stronger communities; and
- improve social inclusion.
Saskatchewan is implementing the following two-stage process to: 1) gather information about the current infrastructure demand in our province and further develop program criteria; and 2) to plan and prepare for a full, more detailed application intake.
EOIs accepted from Friday, March 15, 2019 until 4:30 p.m. CST on Tuesday, April 30, 2019.