Saskatchewan Games Program
South East Sport, Culture & Recreation District works with the Saskatchewan Games Council, host community, and Provincial Sport Governing Bodies to put on the Saskatchewan Games Program every two years.
We help promote the Games and our Mission Staff oversee Team South East during the week-long event.
New Dates Announced for 2023 Saskatchewan Winter Games in Regina
The Games are now scheduled to run from February 19-25, 2023. Please check back as information will continue to be updated as we get closer to the Games!
- Table Tennis - November 26, Stoughton School
- Biathlon - December 3 & 4
- Figure Skating - December 9-11, Northern Lights Palace Arena, Melfort
- Weightlifting- Email by December 15th
- 4-Person Curling Team Regionals - January 14 & 15, Estevan
- Mixed Doubles Curling Regionals - January 28 & 29 (Note: SE Region looking for a host https://curlsask.ca/2023-saskatchewan-winter-games/)
Badminton - apply by December 1
We are currently recruiting male volunteers to join our Mission Staff for Team South East. This is a "once in a lifetime" opportunity to be a part of a provincial multi-sport event. Mission Staff receive a walk-out uniform and get to be a part of the opening and closing ceremonies. All volunteers participate in an orientation and also attend our Team South East Pep Rally in Weyburn. All expenses are covered by the District (mileage, meals, accommodations).
If you are passionate about sport, this is for you. Create memories, build new friendships and networks, and learn new knowledge and skills!
We are also recruiting volunteers for:
- Transportation Rep: if you love people and driving around then you will want to be our Mission Staff Transportation Rep! You will get to see all the sport venues and chauffer our Team South East volunteers in our mission vehicle around the city!
- Communications Rep: if you love communications, are creative, like taking pictures and video, and have experience with social media platforms including Facebook and Instagram then you will want to be our Mission Staff Communications Rep! We are seeking this volunteer position for half of the games week (Wed-Sat).
To apply, contact Joni Hagen, Executive Director, at 306.897.5452 or email .
- Mission Staff Application
- Mission Staff Roles and Responsibilities
- Mission Staff Benefits Infographic
- South East District Team Contact
- South East District Map
- Saskatchewan Games Website
- History of the Saskatchewan Games
- Purpose of the Saskatchewan Games
- Saskatchewan Games Handbook
- North Battleford 2018 Winter Games
- Canadian Sport for Life - Long Term Athlete Development
- Sport for Life for ALL NEWCOMERS TO CANADA - Creating Inclusion of Newcomers in Sport and Physical Activity
Please direct questions and inquiries to Tara-Leigh Heslip, Chef de Mission at , 306.897.5448