Job Opportunity: Program & Event Coordinator - Town of White City
The Town of White City is currently seeking an experienced and highly motivated individual responsible for a Program & Event Coordinator for a permanent full-time position beginning February 2023. The Program & Event Coordinator will assist in planning, organizing, coordinating and implementing various recreational, culture and educational programs and events. This position will develop and maintain constructive working relationships with elected officials, management, employees, and community members.
Reporting to the Manager of Recreation, Parks and Culture Services, the Program & Event Coordinator will be a member of the support staff team within the Parks, Recreation and Culture Department. The Program and Event Coordinator must possess high flexibility with strong interpersonal skills that allow one to work effectively in a diverse environment and the ability to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing.
- Attention to detail
- Client/Customer Focus
- Event and program planning
- Research skills
- Excellent communication skills, verbal and written
- Ability to adapt and provide modifications
- Position Duties
This position will have the incredible opportunity to grow, operate, and maintain programs and events for the Town of White City.
Events and Programming
- Assist in planning, organizing, coordinating, and implementing various recreational, cultural, and educational programming and events
- Assist in coordinating staff and volunteers in the delivery of programs and events
- Evaluate programs and events and report on outcomes
- Research and identify program and event opportunities
- Generate public interest in programs and events
- Develop new processes and procedures as it relates to programs and events
- Provide community education, awareness, and promotion regarding the arts and culture sector
- Select adaptations/modifications for programs
- Refine and adjust program designs in response to community and participant needs
- Assist in managing the recreation budget with the program and events budget lines
- Develop monthly-quarterly programming and event calendar
- Facilitate meaningful programming and events for the participants to meet their physical, social, cultural, intellectual, emotional, and spiritual pursuits that enhance the individual and communities well-being.
Research, Planning, and Development
- Assist in Identifying funding opportunities and completing grant applications
- Assist in carrying out the Parks & Recreation Master Plan
- Research and attend education sessions to keep informed of current trends in the industry
- Provide input to management and subordinate staff with administrative and technical problems in the planning of long- and short-term objectives in program and event planning
- Assist with presentations, including graphic support and report writing
- Propose ideas and advice to improve service, programs, and event quality
- Liaise with clients and community groups to identify their needs and ensure customer satisfaction
Experience with planning and implementing programming for all ages. Ideal candidates will have experience in some or all of the following:
- In-depth understanding of the community markets and industry trends for services, programs, and events.
- Sound knowledge of the philosophy and objective of Parks, Recreation, and Culture services
High flexibility with strong interpersonal skills that allow one to work effectively in a diverse environment
- Efficient collaboration and relationship building skill
- Demonstrated enthusiasm and ability to engage and work in a meaningful, supportive manner
- Demonstrated ability to effectively prioritize and manage conflicting demands
- Ability to exercise solid judgment and have strong problem-solving skills
- High level of integrity and work ethic
- Adherence to established policies and procedures
- Maintain a professional appearance, demeanor, and attitude always
- Develop and maintain constructive working relationships with both internal and external stakeholders, including, but not limited to council, management, employees, and business and community partners
- Interaction with constituents and the public at large
- Operation of desktop computer and peripherals
- Extended periods of sitting
- Working in a busy office environment with frequent interruptions
- Occasional overtime hours will be required
- Occasional weekend and evening hours will be required dependent on program and event schedules.
- Limited travel may be required
- Occasional peak periods requiring an accelerated work pace with deadlines creating pressure
Preference is given to individuals with the following
- A bachelor’s degree in Kinesiology, Education, or a related discipline.
- 2 to 4 years of direct experience in recreation administration and/or municipal administration.
- Experience in planning, organizing, coordinating, and implementing various recreational, cultural, and educational programs and events
- Valid driver’s license
Term and Compensation
The Town offers competitive salaries, benefits and a comprehensive pension plan.
Hours of Work: 40 hours per week
Employment Term: Permanent, Full Time
Wage Range: Starting salary range for this position is $55,000 - $61,900 and is subject to negotiation based on experience.
This position may be eligible for a Paid Earned Day Off every three weeks if the successful candidate chooses to participate in the program
How to Apply
If you are passionate about what you do and want to contribute to the growing community of White City, we want to hear from you! Please send your resume and cover letter outlining any relevant education and experience as it pertains to this position to the Manager of Parks, Recreation & Culture at firstname.lastname@example.org, with “Program and Event Coordinator – your name” in the title.
No phone calls, please.
Application Deadline: January 13, 2023 by 5:00 p.m.
The Town of White City would like to thank all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.