Planning & Policy
We all know we need policies and procedures, and we also know they take time to develop. When developing policies and procedures for your own organization, it can be beneficial to review examples. Of course, your final version needs to reflect your organization's practices, but it can be helpful to start with a pre-existing document for inspiration rather than beginning from a blank paper.
We have compiled examples to get you started. Download the pdfs or email email@example.com for a word file.
- Facility and Equipment Policy
- Financial Management
- Governance Manual
- Human Resources (Staff and Volunteer)
- Program and Event Policy
Whether you are a manager, programmer, facility staff, or volunteer you should be able to find the following resources helpful in providing guidance to make your day-to-day operations and decisions easier.
- Policy and Procedure Development Guide
- A Start Up Guide to Social Media and Other Great Online Tools for Arts Councils
- Recreation Strategic Planning Template
- Technology Tools
- Technology Tools Recommendations
- Cultural Mapping Toolkit
- Standards and Guidelines for the Conservation of Historic Places in Canada
Partnership Guides and Tools:
- Inter-Municipal Collaboration in Recreation
- Guide to Recreation Partnerships
- Museum & Community Partnerships Collaboration Guide