Youth Leaders in Training
Jun 18, 2022
South East District is offering communities a series of youth training targeted at teens who are passionate about kids, sport/arts and active play – and who would like to work as a camp or youth leader in recreation. Youth can choose one course or all courses!
Event Poster (For more information, contact: Joni Hagen, 306.897.5452, email@example.com)
HIGH FIVE® Principles of Healthy Child Development (PHCD), Saturday, June 18
This training is a nationally recognized certification that assists leaders working with children and older adults in recreation and sport programs.
HIGH FIVE® is a national quality standard that:
- Ensures program leaders develop a high level of knowledge and expertise in child and older adult development;
- Helps participants, parents and caregivers make informed choices, and;
- Provides leaders with tools to enhance and maintain a high level of program quality.
Respect in Sport for Activity Leaders
An online certification program designed to provide SPRA members a useful tool to recognize and prevent bullying, abuse, harassment and discrimination.
Program Elements include:
- Power Dynamics
- Legal Responsibility and “Duty of Care”
- Physical Development
- Preventing Bullying, Abuse, Harassment and Discrimination (BAHD)
- Mental Health Outcomes Due to BAHD Behaviours
- Concussion and Injury Management
- Positive Emotions
How to Participate: To access the program, available to SPRA members at a reduced rate, visit this page: https://spra.respectgroupinc.com
If your organization is not currently listed in the registration drop-down list, please contact Kristin Bialobzyski at firstname.lastname@example.org to have it added. $20/user for those under 18 years of age.